Our partner is a content and community platform that helps parents across Asia in their conception, pregnancy and in raising happy, healthy & confident kids.
They are looking for a Data Engineer to join their growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing their data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
The Data Engineer will support their software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
The ideal candidate has an undergraduate degree in Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science from a top University. The candidate also has exceptional logic, a great eye for detail, pride in their work, and will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation products and data initiatives.
Responsibilities for Data Engineer
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing their product into an innovative industry leader.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with both structured and unstructured datasets.
- A candidate with at least 1-2 years of experience with manipulating, processing and extracting value from large data sets, who has attained an Undergraduate and/or a Graduate degree in Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science. They should also be highly competent at using the following software/tools:
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, and stream processing.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- They should also have experience of or consider easy to learn the following software/tools:
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including MongoDB.
- Experience with data related AWS cloud services.
- C++, Excel
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying